Individual Counseling Services
At Lifetime Counseling and Consulting, we specialize in providing individual one on one counseling services which are tailored to the unique needs of our clients. Therapy is a collaborative process, and clients meet with their therapist here every other week (twice monthly) minimum. Appointments are usually kept at the same time/day for ease of continuity of care.
Currently, due to COVID19, counseling services are provided virtually through a variety of cloud-based platforms. We currently only provide counseling, therapy, and consultation services to clients in California.
Lifetime Counseling and Consulting is a fee for service practice, which means that we do not accept insurance. For those that would like to use their insurance benefits to cover services, you will need to see if your insurance benefits cover out of network therapy services. It is the client’s responsibility to verify benefit coverage and to see if they are eligible for reimbursement. We are able to provide a superbill for services provided. Sliding scale is not offered. Refunds are not offered for services provided.
Below is a list of questions that you may want to ask your insurance company about reimbursement. The list is not comprehensive, but is simply a starting point of exploration for you with your insurance company.
– Do I have out of network benefit coverage for counseling services?
– Are the codes 90791 (initial assessment) and 90834/90837 covered? Do any of these codes require prior authorization?
– Is there are visit limit on counseling sessions?
– What is the usual and customary rate for reimbursement in zipcode 94609 for an out of network provider who has LPCC license (Dr. Jones) or psychologist license (Dr. Cavucci)?
-What is my deductible and out of pocket maximum for out of network counseling services?
-What is the timely date of filing claims for out of network services?
-Are there any exclusions on my policy for mental health services?
– Where and how do I file a claim?
– When does my benefit year start and end?
The cost per session is $275.